Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Exiting the paralysis of being overwhelmed

It has been a long time since I have posted. And I have honestly only run 3 or 4 times in that time frame.  So I am starting over at square 1.

Today I ran. Last week I ran with the family. Think of it as running sprints.

My laps is was due to a kind of paralysis due to being overwhelmed. My father died in May after a long battle with cancer. The months leading up to that along with work, my partner in grad school, and having a small person running around became too much. I kind of froze. I turned inward to conserve strength and to be able to keep going. Running probably would have helped with the stress, but at the time was too much to contemplate since I still felt running to be a struggle.

But things change. My Father passed. He is no longer in pain and suffering. My mother is recovering and creating a new life. My partner graduated in June. I got a promotion at work that involves a set schedule. Our garden was prolific and we canned,froze, and dehydrated our way through summer. And suddenly I am not so stressed out any more. I feel lighter.

We did a room switch-a-roo that resulted in me gaining a yoga room and my partner a functional office. Fall is here. And the cooler weather leads to a more active and healthier life style.

So let the running begin...

Again

No comments:

Post a Comment