Happy New Years!
So the reality for me is as follows:
It is winter outside with snow on the ground...lots of snow
I do not own a tread mill
I do not have nor do I currently want a gym membership.
So how do I get my run on? Hmmmmmmmm......
Well I have decided to follow the combined advice of two of the training programs that I am "following". They say that for a beginning runner that wants to train for a race needs to start by simply increasing cardiac capacity. So the kid and I went out yesterday and invested in a couple of plastic sleds for the family. This translated into an hour and a half of serious sledding and slogging uphill through snow as fast as possible. All of our hears were pumping, our cheeks were red, and great fun was had by all.!
Oh and BTW my fitness tracker claims that sledding for an hour and a half burns 835 calories. Cardio and weight loss. I give this morning a count of 3 steps forward in my journey of healthy living!
No comments:
Post a Comment